Jan 5, 2012
Bajaj Auto Limited (BAL) announces the low cost 4 wheeler RE60. Managing Director of India's Bajaj Auto Rajiv Bajaj addresses media representatives that India’s second-largest motorbike manufacturer Bajaj Auto Ltd (BAL) is happy to announce the long-awaited compact passenger vehicle RE60, just two days before the start of the Delhi Auto Expo. The company, however, insisted it was not a car and was intended as a step forward for three-wheeler.
Commenting on the launch he said "We are not trying to make a car but a four wheeler meant to ferry people in cities," said Rajiv Bajaj, managing director, BAL. “It is not an incremental but dramatic improvement over a three wheeler. There are over 5 million Bajaj three wheelers in the country today. That is the market we are aiming for."
The brand new compact four-wheeler is powered by a pudgy 200cc engine that belts out around 20bhp power. The RE60 is the smallest four-wheeler ever built. Boasting of an eye-popping fuel economy of 35 kmpl, it is also environment friendly with a CO2 emission of 60 gm per kilometer, the lowest in a four wheeler anywhere in the world.
Bajaj Auto has not yet revealed the exact price but the buzz in the market is that the Bajaj RE60 is likely to be priced between Rs 125,000 and Rs 200,000. The pricing and competence will give tough competition to the Tata Nano which is the cheapest car in the world currently. Hence, going forward, Bajaj Auto could well revolutionize mass transportation in the country.
Most Popular Articles
- Upcoming Cars in India: 2010 New Car Launches
- 2009 Honda City India: Price, Reviews, Features, Specifications
- Bajaj Pulsar 300 CC India - Bajaj Bikes India
- New "Eeco" Car from Maruti Suzuki at Delhi Auto Expo 2010
- New Hero Honda Glamour-Fi With Fuel Injection Technology
- Honda CB Twister: 110cc Bike by Honda in India; Price @ Rs. 42000
- Tata Indica eV2 fuel efficient car
- Vivek Oberoi Launches Dilip Chhabria's Imperator at Delhi Auto Expo 2010
- BMW to Launch Motorrad Bikes in India
- New Honda Aviator Scooter Launched with 110cc Engine