Feb 11, 2011
Ford India has reportedly stopped production of Ikon to make way for newer products. The company has already announced plans to bring in eight new products, based on its global platforms, by 2015 and is already preparing to launch a brand new car later this year.
According to reports, as of February 1, Ford has discontinued the sale of Ford Ikon from the non-Bharat Stage IV markets. Last year, it had stopped selling Ikon in BS IV markets also. It will launch the new car, expected to be a Fiesta saloon, by mid-year. The new saloon could be priced at a significant premium to the marked down Fiesta, thereby retaining Ford’s presence in both segments.
Most Popular Articles
- Upcoming Cars in India: 2010 New Car Launches
- 2009 Honda City India: Price, Reviews, Features, Specifications
- Bajaj Pulsar 300 CC India - Bajaj Bikes India
- New "Eeco" Car from Maruti Suzuki at Delhi Auto Expo 2010
- New Hero Honda Glamour-Fi With Fuel Injection Technology
- Honda CB Twister: 110cc Bike by Honda in India; Price @ Rs. 42000
- Tata Indica eV2 fuel efficient car
- Vivek Oberoi Launches Dilip Chhabria's Imperator at Delhi Auto Expo 2010
- BMW to Launch Motorrad Bikes in India
- New Honda Aviator Scooter Launched with 110cc Engine